|2016, Celebrating Twenty Years in Business!|
Associate Buyer (Off Price)9/30/18
As Associate Buyer has thorough knowledge of specific categories, including market trends, item cost, competitive landscape with focus to customer satisfaction.
In addition; this position coordinates special projects and execute strategies;
- Developing and executing merchandising strategies for assigned departments that clearly demonstrate the ability to increase business while maximizing profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Identifying growth opportunities and risks in assortment, and developing contingency plans
- Ensuring performance against plan is achieved for assigned departments
- Partnering with merchandise planning to achieve sales, gross margin, turnover, in-stock and return rate; developing category strategies for continuous financial growth
- Negotiating with consideration of mutual profitability and growth
- Determining and managing drop-ship relationships
- Ensuring product presentation aligns with both vendors and their visions
- Executing promotional strategies in support of financial plan; ensuring company in-stock strategy and partnering with planning on item exit strategies
- Participating in all appropriate training programs; utilizes current and new merchandise systems and processes to improve departmental efficiency
- Conducting business unit meetings with planning, allocations/rebuy and advertising to ensure solid communication and teamwork
Skill & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Merchandising, Marketing or Business.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of retail buying experience in off price.
- Keen understanding of the dynamics of negotiating product and interpersonal knowledge of how to achieve department goals.
Ability to work the marketplace to include; domestic travel to review product buys and competitive landscape.Thorough knowledge of specific categories, including market trends, item cost, competitive issues and logistical issues to help facilitate customer satisfaction.