|As former retailers ourselves, we understand your business needs.|
Planner, Location/Store Planning9/30/18
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct analysis by store to identify growth opportunities or disparities. Develop actionable strategies with business partners to maximize sales and gross margin opportunities and minimize loss.
- Execute initiatives for corporate programs (i.e. Climate, High Density, Focus, Season Transition) as needed. Develop plan, investigating and determining issues to the store level.
- Analyze weekly sales; generating reports and taking action as needed to meet and improve financial objectives.
- Responsible for achieving a balanced scorecard to maximize the company’s inventory investment while balancing markdowns and turnover by location within defined tolerances.
- Develop critical partnerships to maximize profit and drive business with store teams: Regional Directors, District Managers, and Store Managers. Travel to markets to assess and take action to maximize sales and profit.
- Plan and monitor new and remodeled stores with partnership of the New Store Senior Planner. Execute plan by managing sales and inventory to receipt flow and reacting to needs on a weekly basis in conjunction with the Buyer.
- Determine store clusters and eligibility based on product performance results and analysis.
- In partnership with Buyer, hold monthly strategic review meetings to include Planning Manager, Planner, DMM and Store Analyst, to discuss overall strategy for current shipping period, identify exception styles, current and additional needs and assortment plan review.
- Review purchase orders monthly for allocation parameters, store opportunities, merchandising direction, and shipment details.
- Participate in corporate business strategy presentations in regards to financial planning, seasonal programs and updates.
- Responsible for utilizing systems and tools to most effectively execute Allocation Strategies by developing and building “best practices” for the Location Planning process.
- Ensure consistent and timely flow of communication with all business partners.
- Leadership of a Store Analyst/Allocation Analyst
- 4 year College Degree in a related field is required.
- Two to three years of work related experience is preferred.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team player with a positive mental attitude; self motivated and energetic.
- Prior computer experience is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word is preferred.
- Written and verbal communication skills.